Kinsmen Kart Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009

+16
rb
Paul Williamson
Skip Thompson
DrAwender
sjburnsed
melanie
Matt Dixon
tom
Hinton Motorsports
Scott Bura
Karl Cleeton
Jessica Luther
Simon
Neil
Dan Chase
Jason Hernandez
20 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty Re: New 4 Stoke Class for 2009

Post  BAWunder Mon May 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

How is your clone program coming along? I understand you are going to be racing on 7/12. Right on! I'm posting to let you know that we've added a clone section on our main message board. http://norcal4cycle.proboards.com/ I THINK there are about 6-8 new clone drivers (w/no racing experience) that aren't affiliated with your club and are looking for some help. We are trying to help them out as best as we can but they know more about their motors than we do. LOL At this point they are looking to make the PC Xover race. Is there any interest from any of the Dixon clones to make that race too?

Thanks,
Brad

BAWunder
Racer

Back to top Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty Re: New 4-stoke class for 2009

Post  Neil Tue May 12, 2009 9:45 pm

I am certainly going to make it to the PC X-over race with my Clone. I spoke with 3 guys that came to the Davis X-over race w/ their clones, but were not ready to race yet. We have made a commitment to show at PC on the 31st. The guys at Emmick-Cobra have put together several Clones and have been instrumental in getting Clones to the track. I don’t know how many will show but I am very confident that the PC X-over race will be the Kick-off race for Clones in this area.

Neil
Racer

http://hometown.aol.com/user1c158/myhomepage/autoracing.html

Back to top Go down

Post  BAWunder Wed May 13, 2009 11:42 am

You must be referring to Duffy and his sons? Real nice guys. They are looking to race at Davis this weekend but the boys want to be able to race someone other than their dad. Very Happy Duffy left his phone number on the NFRA board http://norcal4cycle.proboards.com/ if you'd like to touch base before the weekend. If you do come out to the race, please look me up (I volunteered to be a corner worker-I'll be the old fat guy in a 9ers t-shirt and #9 baseball cap) I'd like to meet you.

BAWunder
Racer

Back to top Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty Box Stock Clone Racing

Post  Duffy&Son's Wed May 13, 2009 3:42 pm

My Son's and I, plus two friends will be at The Davis Track ready to race on 5/17, We are really looking forward to racing 7/12 at the Dixon Track. If anyone has the box stock clones that would be interested in racing us we would really like that. We can use all the help and advice we can get be new to this, I'm excitied about being ready and look forward to seeing others who want to see this class get going,Thanks Duffy

Duffy&Son's
Racer

Back to top Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty Re: New 4 stroke class for 09

Post  Neil Thu May 14, 2009 6:28 pm

It is unfortunate that my work still gets in the way of the weekends, so I will not be able to come out on May 17th. We are however, committed to racing the Kinsmen Kart Club schedule for this year. I have brought my clone to the last two races, but have yet to get enough karts to make a class. Although the PC X-over is our next race, good luck, and I hope that there is a big class of clones at Blue Max this weekend. Wish I could be there! bounce

Neil
Racer

Back to top Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty Re: 4 stroke class for 09

Post  Neil Tue May 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Duffy and Sons, did you race at Blue Max this last weekend? I will be at PC for the X-over race on May 31st. Will you be there?

Neil
Racer

Back to top Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty Clone racing

Post  Duffy&Son's Wed May 20, 2009 9:32 am

Hello, We had a great time at Davis on the 17th and We plan to be at Prairie City in Folsom, Ca. on the 31 of may to race. So we hope to see you as well as others who have clones to race. My new engine should be ready to race by then. See you there, I think we will have another kart and maybe two more from our Roseville gang of racers. See you there, plus we will be at the track on may 24th to try out the track. we have never drove that track yet.

Duffy&Son's
Racer

Back to top Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty Re: 4 stroke clones

Post  Neil Thu May 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Duffy and Sons. Sounds like the clones gave a good showing at Blue Max. I too have not raced at PC, but hope that the directions given by my son and others will be enough to get me going it the right direction. See you there.

You mentioned that you have a “new” motor. Did you wear out the other one and if so how much time did you get out of it. Question

Neil
Racer

Back to top Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty New Engine

Post  Duffy&Son's Fri May 22, 2009 8:55 am

From the day I got the engine, (The Honda Clone ) did not run right. the top end was real slow no matter what we did with it. Having 5 engines that we set up about the same time, my engine was slower then the others we set up. So I was able to get another one after having problem with it at Davis on the 17th. Now with the new one watch out because I'm in the race now. As far as how long did it last ,We can not judge it with that engine because there was something wrong from the factory.But I plan to keep track of our other clone to see what they can take and for how long. See you at P.C. we will also be out there the 24 as well as the 31st to race. Duffy & Son's

Duffy&Son's
Racer

Back to top Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty 4 Stroke clone races

Post  Neil Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:17 pm

Duffy and Sons, are you going to go to the Gold Rush Series race at Davis on 06/14-09? All I have to do is change the clutch and I think everything else is still good. bounce

Neil
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  BAWunder Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:10 am

Unfortunately, I've read elsewhere that the clones won't be allowed to run at the GR series. However the former Davis GR date (of 6-14-09 and now 6-21-09) is no longer a GR race. We are making 6-14-09 a NFRA test day at Davis and there should be a good group of 4 strokes out there (including the clones) for the 6-21-09 race. Hope to see you, Karl and some of the other Dixon guys out there!

Brad

BAWunder
Racer

Back to top Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty Clones

Post  Neil Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:11 am

Brad,
I would like to start off saying it was nice meeting all of you at PC. Everyone was very cool which made for a nice weekend. Now for the negativity!
First, I am very sad to hear that the Clones won’t be recognized at the Gold Rush Series (maybe next year). Second, my work still gets in the way of my weekends (maybe in 10 years it won’t). Date changes after the schedule is posted really blows. See you all at the next Kinsmen Race on July 12th.
Mad

Neil
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  BAWunder Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:35 am

Neil,

It was very nice meeting you at PC and look forward to running with you, and hopefully some more of the BSCs from Dixon, again. Yeah I (and the BSC guys) were disappointed to hear they can't run the GR. Like you said, maybe next year!

If you or any of the Dixon BSC guys don't have anything going on on 6-28-09 we'd love to have you join us up in Reno for their club race. If anyone is interested give me a call (916.612.0656) and I'll fill you in on the details of when we are heading up, camping and race fee info. The BSCs will be running that day along with the F200s and World Formulas. Otherwise, I guess we'll see you on 7-12 since that is our next race after Reno.

Take care,

BAWunder
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Luther Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:55 pm

guys,
You can run the club race at our track ,but you will not be counted in the Gold rush series. Its a lot of work and we only picked the classes with the biggest kart count. Also the clubs that run IKF insurance would need to have you pre-approved in order to run. Classes where decided last OCT -08.
Gary at Pr.city has said you can run his track also as a club race. So Its not that you cant run ,its you will not be counted in the series. Its a club race day anyway.

Jessica Luther
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  BAWunder Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:06 am

Hey Jess,

Ahhh, ok, thanks for clearing that up. So basically, as long as the track will allow them to run in the club race everything is OK. They just won't be apart of the GR series from a scoring standpoint. I'll let the BSC guys and gals know. This series should be a lot of fun!

Take care,

BAWunder
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:15 pm

Are any of the Dixon Box Stock / Clone guys planning on racing on Sunday ? I know Duffy and his sons from Davis and coming. I plan on bringing mine. Neil , you in ? Shawn ? Anyone else ?
Simon
Simon
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Chase Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:36 pm

It was great to see a good turnout of clones for the 12th of July race, I taped the entire race and have some footage of everyone. I'll let you all know when I have it posted for download. I have to get mine on the track for the August race! pirat
Zooom zooom!
Dan Chase
Dan Chase
Racer

http://www.MattChaseRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:57 pm

... and less of the "Simon needs an oxygen tent" comments next time ! ;-)
Simon
Simon
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Chase Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:47 pm

Ha, I did about 15 laps in 2 sessions on Karls and Jason karts, my arms were so pumped I could hardly lift Matt's kart on the stand! Rolling Eyes

(Matt did about 100 laps on the clones on Saturday, oh to be young again!)
Dan Chase
Dan Chase
Racer

Back to top Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty Dan's video of the clone race on July 12th

Post  Jason Hernandez Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:56 am

Jason Hernandez
Jason Hernandez
Racer

Back to top Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty 8-9-09 Clone Race Recap

Post  Dan Chase Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:03 pm

Clone Race Recap (to the best of my limited memory) Wink

Qualifying;
Karl Cleeton was the man to beat and the only clone out of the 12 kart field to break the 37 second range with a 36.9 time in his 2 lap qualifying. Most of the other 11 karts were spread out in the 37 second range with Chris Bachmann in 2nd and Neil Wakabayashi in 3rd, Dan Chase 4th Shawn Mills 5th and Jason Hernandez rounding out the top 6.

Heat 1
In the 10 lap heat race, Karl Cleeton jumped into an early lead from pole postion followed close by Chris Bachmann and Neil Wakabayashi. Sevral laps into the heat race, Bachmann experinced kart trouble entering the Monza bank that side lined him for the remainder of the heat race. Wakabayashi moved up to 2nd and chase to 3rd followed by Jason Hernandez in 4th, Shawn Mills in 5th and Simon Whitworth rounded out the top 6.

Main Event
The 15 lap main event brought the spectators to the fence in anticipation of these brave racers and their death defying heroics aboard these awe inspiring finely tuned thoroughbred racing machines... oh wait, that was the TaG race. Rolling Eyes

Several friends and family members lined the fence for the final race of the day, the 15 lap Box Stock Clone main event while most of the other racers packed up after a long weekend of racing.

On the start, Cleeton jumped into an early lead again followed by Chase and Mills leaving the outside row hung out to dry. Shortly after the start of the race, Mills made a pass for second which he never relinquished. About the midway point, Wakabayashi passed Chase for 3rd position entering turn 1. With only a few laps remaining, Bachman had moved from dead last to 5th postion and made a pass for 4th spot. Great drive by Chris Bachmann in his Margay chassis!

Final top 5 podium postions were.

1. Karl Cleeton
2. Shawn Mills
3. Neil Wakabayashi
4. Chris Bachmann
5. Dan Chase

Great race, I can't wait to do it again! Rolling Eyes
Dan Chase
Dan Chase
Racer

Back to top Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty 08-09-09 BSC race

Post  Neil Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Great recap Dan! I’m glad that you remembered how the race went. confused Although we may not have a lot invested in our racing machines. The competition Twisted Evil and camaraderie Very Happy has not been diminished in the least. The only thing I want to add to your recap is that the Box Stock Clone class was the biggest class of the day with 12 machines on the grid. "Go lawn mowers." bounce

P.S. I would like to convey my condolences to Duffy and Sons on their friend’s passing. We missed you guys.

Neil
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Luther Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:15 pm

Your class was the best of the day. Great race. loved the crashes also. The tower was packed with lots of laughs. It is great watching a group of guys having so much fun.Its almost like novice sportsman back in the day.
Amanda called you guys tighty white racing.
again ........... Laughing Laughing Laughing great race!

Jessica Luther
Racer

Back to top Go down

New 4 Stoke Class for 2009 - Page 7 Empty 08/09/09 BSP re-cap

Post  Neil Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:32 pm

Jessie, I don’t mean to front off any of the Clone pilots. But, what crashes? Run them down to me. I was a little busy or at the right/wrong place at the right time to see them. confused lol!

Last edited by Neil on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incomplete sentence)

Neil
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Chase Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:24 pm

One of the things I enjoyed most about the clone class was racing with other drivers that I feel 100% confident in their ability. Neil and I ran through turn 1 and into the Monza side by side only inches apart, we always gave racing room to one another. There is probably a couple hundred years of cumulative racing experience in the clone class.
Dan Chase
Dan Chase
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next