Kinsmen Kart Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Class clirification

3 posters

Go down

Class clirification Empty Class clirification

Post  Vern Frediani Jr. Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Howdy members,
Vern again, just checked class listing at KKC. No senior sportsman, all super sportsman classes. Can someone help and let me know what class my 17 yr. old with a kt100 on 2007 Alpha chassis is able to run in and with what muffler/pipe, clutch combo?
Thanks again, Happy New Year and GO DUCKS!

Vern Frediani Jr.
Racer

Back to top Go down

Class clirification Empty Re: Class clirification

Post  Dan Chase Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi Vern, welcome to Kinsmen Kart club!

There is no Senior Sportsman class at Dixon, or any other club in NorCal that I am aware of, that is a 3 hole can class and I only saw it run at the Nationals. your son would be racing in Senior Super Sportsman. The rules changed this year for Sr. Super Sportsman Lt, we are running a RLV 3 pipe with 7.10 rear tires at 340lbs, we have all had to change this year so don't feel bad. The good news is that you can get the pipe from Rick Luther for $150 complete with header and flex, but hurry, there are a limited amount of pipes available. Hi s phone number is on a post a couple down from this one. What clutch do you have now?

It will be my son's first year racing Sr. after moving up from junior last year. See you at the track!
Dan Chase
Dan Chase
Racer

http://www.MattChaseRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Class clirification Empty Class clirificationThanks

Post  Vern Frediani Jr. Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks Dan,
Got the numbers for the pipe, are you sure about the tire size being 7.1 and not 6.00 as stated in IKF rule classification? As for my clutch it is a dry clutch not sure of manufacture, and appears to be one disc sandwiched between engine drive side and 6 spring weighted side. Will that do?
Thanks for helping, don't want to be scrambling a week before season starts.
Vern

Vern Frediani Jr.
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Chase Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Hi Vern,

Yes, we ran the 6.00 tires with the can last year, this year with the pipe they changed the rear tires to 7.10. It sounds like you might have a Tomar TD23-2 dry clutch, we ran one a few days ago and it held up, but we were not even close to race speeds yet. It should be safe if you keep the stall speed low to start out with, 8500rpm or so.
Dan Chase
Dan Chase
Racer

Back to top Go down

Class clirification Empty Class clarification rear bumper

Post  Vern Frediani Jr. Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi Dan,
Thanks again for helping, rear bumpers that cover at least center line of rear tires required this year? Correct? Can it be metal tube or does it have to be plastic like front which is added too metal tube bumper? C'Mon 9'ers!
Vern

Vern Frediani Jr.
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Chase Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi Vern, as far as I know the rear bumper rule was suspended for another year, you should be good with your current bumper this year.
Dan Chase
Dan Chase
Racer

Back to top Go down

Class clirification Empty Class clarification rear bumper

Post  Vern Frediani Jr. Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:47 pm

Yo Dan,
Thanks for the info. on the bumper, now i can spend it on other things we need to hit the track. One other thing, track is open for practice as long as its not raining and you obey track hours, yes? The kid needs track time considering he's only been a few times indoors and parking lots with me and my vintage karts. Hope to meet you at the track and thanks again for all you have done.
Vern

Vern Frediani Jr.
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Chase Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:56 pm

As long as your a member the track is open even if it's raining! Class clirification Icon_wink

What Vintage Kart(s) do you have? I'm restoring a '61 Go Kart 800 with duel Westbend's.

See you at the track!
Dan Chase
Dan Chase
Racer

Back to top Go down

Class clirification Empty Vintage karts

Post  Vern Frediani Jr. Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Dan,
I have a 1961 Bug my brother and I are rounding up original parts for, he is a period correct dude. A 1971 Margay Cheetah with a Terry Ives Mac 92 thats almost ready to assemble. I'm having frame gone over it has seen some parking lot abuse. I've owned it since 1973. Then there's the 1979 Margay Pro-X with older kt100 I plan on chasing the kid around the track on. My dad raced back when karting started late 50's early 60's. The 61 Bug is one like he used to run. We'll definately have to chat at the track.
Vern

Vern Frediani Jr.
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Luther Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi Guys ...Happy New year !!
~*on this class the clutch is 2 disc dry or 3 disc wet. Its just like before. No single disc clutches. Remember this is a pipe class and a single disc just might fry with the power.
I think every one will be very happy with this. fast ,fast , fast! Class clirification Alien since all you guys like fast!

Dont forget the Banquet is this sunday Class clirification Drunken_smilie Class clirification Drunken_smilie Class clirification Drunken_smilie went shopping yeaterday with Mel for raffel prizes !! PaT IS GOING AND PICKING UP MORE. SEEYA ALL AT THE bANQUET OR THE RACE OR just at the track.

fIRST RACE IS **FEB 28TH** AT YOUR WONDERFUL HOME TRACK...NO PLACE LIKE HOME! Class clirification Icon_flower

Jessica Luther
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down