Kinsmen Kart Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4-Cycle Clone class in 2010

+3
Chris
Neil
Simon
7 posters

Go down

4-Cycle Clone class in 2010 Empty 4-Cycle Clone class in 2010

Post  Simon Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:41 pm

The clone class fields have fallen off at the last few non-Goldrush club races. I'm curious to see who's intending running clones at Kinsmen next season. We had some huge fields earlier in the season, but have been struggling to get 3 karts lately.

I'm interested to hear peoples thoughts on why they think the numbers have dwindled and what we should do to get larger fields next year, or is the future of clones to focus on the NFRA series ?

Anyway , for some entertainment and to show we can still have fun with 3 karts, here's a link to my video highlights from the last race ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3q_YY8aOxc

Simon.
Simon
Simon
Racer

Back to top Go down

4-Cycle Clone class in 2010 Empty 4 cycle clone class of "2010"

Post  Neil Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:01 am

Simon. Nice bit of editing and the captions are really cool. Next year, I want to mount my dad’s VCR Camcorder to the Kart, and shoot some video of my own. I don’t think I can balance that old thing on my head like you. Then, can you help me edit my tapes like you do? And putting them on YouTube is like Steve Spielburg.

Have a nice winter and I will see you next year. It was really fun to get back into a Kart. The racing was fun but the camaraderie was special. You can count me in. 4-Cycle Clone class in 2010 Icon_bounce

Neil
Racer

http://hometown.aol.com/user1c158/myhomepage/autoracing.html

Back to top Go down

4-Cycle Clone class in 2010 Empty clone

Post  Chris Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:20 pm

I was thinking of buying an engine, they are on sale 109.00 coupon came in the mail.
Maybe I should wait tell next year to see how many drivers will be racing.
If I do buy it can you help me with the other parts I need to buy to get it going?

Chris
Racer

Back to top Go down

4-Cycle Clone class in 2010 Empty Re: 4-Cycle Clone class in 2010

Post  Simon Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:35 pm

Absolutely Chris! We have a bunch of very helpful guys here that have figured out what you need to make the clones go well. If you have questions, feel free to ask, I guarantee you will get honest & helpful advice. I think everyone one of us that started with these motors early in 2009 ended up not buying quite the right ancillary parts the first time (for example, I'm on my 2nd clutch and if I were to buy it again I would go with a different number of teeth), so we can save you making the same mistakes.

The biggest thing for starters is to make sure you pick a chassis the clone motor with fit in. The clearance between clutch and the seat can be tight on some chassis.

We have a thread that followed our investigations, experimentation and experiences last year, and is full of great advice and links to suppliers.

https://kinsmenkartclub.forumakers.com/racing-f8/new-4-stoke-class-for-2009-t38.htm

As Neil said in his post, one of the things that have been most enjoyable with the clones this year has been the camaraderie. We're all out to have fun, and to help each other. The fast guys take the time to help the slower guys. It's in everyones interest to get everyone running similar lap times, it makes it far more enjoyable for everyone.

If you have questions, ask away .. you'll get lots of help here.

Simon.
Simon
Simon
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Chase Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:11 pm

I plan to run most of the club races next year. Probably wont anything but KKC club though.
Dan Chase
Dan Chase
Racer

http://www.MattChaseRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:31 am

Good man! Glad to hear it.
Simon
Simon
Racer

Back to top Go down

4-Cycle Clone class in 2010 Empty 4 stroke Clone class in2010

Post  Neil Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Chris, Simon is right. I for one will be more than willing to help you. As for waiting to see how many karts will show next year is anyones guess. There are always going to be a small group of dedicated racers that show at every race. I remember early in the year showing up with other racers while it was raining. We knew the race was going to be called, but we all showed anyway. The same group still showed at the end of the season.

Dan, I think that we will only race KKC club races again next year too. That includes the Cross-over series.

Neil
Racer

http://hometown.aol.com/user1c158/myhomepage/autoracing.html

Back to top Go down

4-Cycle Clone class in 2010 Empty clone class 2010

Post  tom Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:54 pm

yea yea, I know we've missed the last few, but tired of running at the back, built an another kart then found out I had to cut it to count the rings, jeeze you guys are killing me. but looks like 2010 will be our break out year, so dont all you old farts give up just yet, I'll be bringing in some new blood on some old karts, yumm blood in the water, hope to see even more of us cheapskates next year, we got somethin fo ya, if not at least we'll keep the weed's down in the infield,

tom
Racer

Back to top Go down

4-Cycle Clone class in 2010 Empty CLONE CLASS 2010

Post  Doug Williams Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:35 pm

I'm pretty new to the whole karting scene as my 7 year old just started at Dixon about 2 1/2 months ago. His passion and enthusiasm has got me interested in these clones. I'd love to put one together for the upcoming season, but it has been difficult , at least for me, to find an apprpiate, used chassis. As i have seen alot of info with regards to engine, class rules, etc., all i need to get started is the chassis. Anyone have suggestions? chassis for sale?

Any help would be appreciated. I look forward to following you guys around the track next year!

Doug

Doug Williams
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Cleeton Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:57 pm

Welcome to the Clone class Doug! There's a couple of rollers listed in the NorcalKarters.com classifieds. http://www.norcalkarters.info/board/viewforum.php?f=20&sid=727b0507d098a79a9663da6291d4c45a
Check out the Fullerton or the Trackmagic. ~Karl

Karl Cleeton
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:46 pm

Hey guys,
I am looking at the different motors and pricing, it looks like the ARC package is the best price and comes with everything,
anyone running that motor?
Also can you tell me what gears to run front and back?
Thanks!

Chris
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl Cleeton Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi Chris!
The ARC DJ-1015 is a great package at a very reasonable price. I have been very pleased with mine, plus Tom Cole is always more than happy to answer any questions if you give him a call. 16-60 gearing will get you in the ballpark for Dixon. Make sure you also get the Max Torque "clone clutch" from ARC when you order your engine. The clutch is well worth the money and you'll be glad you got it from the start.
~Karl Cleeton
http://norcal4cycle.com/

Karl Cleeton
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Williams Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:18 pm

I hope everyone had a great Xmas and hopefully will have a safe and Happy New Years. 4-Cycle Clone class in 2010 Icon_rendeer Okay, now that Xmas is over and I'm done with the kids stuff, now I can concentrate on building my clone! 4-Cycle Clone class in 2010 Icon_rabbit I unfortuneatly did not follow up on the rollers that Karl had mentioned earlier in this thread. I have been watching the classifieds pretty regularly, but maybe someone has or seen a chassis?? I am going to order the package from ARC as this seems to be the easiest way to go. Any other suggestions would be great.

Anybody have an opinion on the Gatormoto karts?

Doug

Doug Williams
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Chase Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Hi Doug,

I have a '06 CRG that would make a nice clone racer for $650.

you can call me at (925) 639-1712 if your interested.

You can see a pic here at Melanie's site
http://melaniemillerphotography.zenfolio.com/p320819436/h37561524#h30b236c9
Dan Chase
Dan Chase
Racer

http://www.MattChaseRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down