Kinsmen Kart Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night Racing at Dixon!

+5
Jason Hernandez
Simon
vinny cervelli
Harrison
Dan Chase
9 posters

Go down

Night Racing at Dixon! Empty Night Racing at Dixon!

Post  Dan Chase Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:56 pm

Who else is stoked?!? Bring it on!
Dan Chase
Dan Chase
Racer

http://www.MattChaseRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Night Racing at Dixon! Empty Re: Night Racing at Dixon!

Post  Harrison Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:42 am

It will be fun!!! Very Happy Laughing Twisted Evil
Harrison
Harrison
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  vinny cervelli Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:03 am

how are the kids going to race the night race and day race after and not get tired. And also what if you wreck your kart and cant fix itfo both races. I think it be a lot better to just have a night race saturday night and then no day race on sunday. if you dissagree or agree reply soon affraid affraid affraid confused confused confused alien alien alien Sleep Sleep Sleep Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Shocked Shocked Shocked

vinny cervelli
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:57 pm

Both are good points Vinnie.

- The lack of time to repair broken equipment may just mean people should treat this more like you would an endurance race and race a little more conservatively on the Sat night to ensure you still have a kart for the Sunday. I consider that as part of the tactics.

- As for the kids not lasting a late night of racing followed by another day of racing, yes, I can see that being a potential problem. I know Daniel is pretty beat the day after a race. I have no answer there, there's only so much Red Bull a 9 year old can take before weird things start happening Wink

Simon.
Simon
Simon
Racer

Back to top Go down

Night Racing at Dixon! Empty Race at night.......

Post  Jason Hernandez Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:21 pm

Thanks for the concern, guys. This will be a test for not just the drivers but the "pit crews" too.

If the timing works out right the Kid Karts will hit their Main right after the sun is gone and the Jr. drivers will be done shortly after. The following day race will start later than normal. Both races will be run on a short format, like the race we just had. The night race will be a test to see if we will incorporate night races into the schedule for next year. In the future any night races will be run on their own, with out a race the following day. Unless this is a hit and works out well!

The track will be open Friday night for practice. Remember the setup for a day time race so you will be able to make changes from night back to day!

Saturday night race will start in the afternoon and finish under the lights. The Sunday race will start later than normal by an hour or two. This is something that we thought might be fun for everyone. We have a great group of racers and families, this will be a fun and exhausting weekend for all!
Jason Hernandez
Jason Hernandez
Racer

Back to top Go down

Night Racing at Dixon! Empty Night Racing

Post  Neil Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:11 pm

I am certain that everyone has some concerns when it comes to something that has not been done before. Both Ryan and I are very excited about the double hitter format. I would like to see the schedule on the KKC web site reflect the double race weekend as soon as possible to allow as many competitors a heads up in advance.

Neil
Racer

http://hometown.aol.com/user1c158/myhomepage/autoracing.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Chase Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Matt and I just got back from spending the day at Infineon, We also saw Jay and Janna Spear, Zack and Dave Mclean and Shawn and Harrison Mills there. I was beat from the race yesterday, but hey, it was a free track day and they even let us dads loose in the Rotax karts! Laughing

It wont be easy, but I don't look at it any different then a full day of practice before a race, you can just as easily break equipment in the last practice session the day bbefore a race as you can in a race. We typically run more laps in practice then on race day. I think double headers are great fun, it give you that second chance to get it right the second day.

Hey Neil, no wimping out on this race and scratching one kart! Wink

Hmmm... maybe we should hit Red Bull up for sponsorship!
Dan Chase
Dan Chase
Racer

http://www.MattChaseRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:30 pm

Just to be clear I'm totally on board with this plan, I think its a great idea, I was just interested in discussing the points Vinnie raised a bit more.

Daniel is very excited at the thought of a night race (we're already looking at renting an RV for the weekend). He also wants a red flashing light in the back of his kart like the F1s run in the rain. I'm not sure about that, but I can see some potential for fun with some LED lighting of some kind on the kart.

Good point Dan about the seat time not being anything worse than a Saturday practice, Sunday race weekend.

We'll try and get up to the track late on Saturday to help out on playing with the lights.
Simon
Simon
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  scuba sonny 77 Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:56 pm

hey sorry for the typos guys i had to use my dads name because i didnt register yet. That reason is because im only going into 5th grade so my spelling and grammer is still not fully prepped up. p.s. hey harrison, affraid type back if you ever see or find scuba steve on the loose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scuba sonny 77
scuba sonny 77
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Luther Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:16 pm

You guys are so funny !! who wants to trade places. I will work it for 3 days straight. But in the end it will be worth it! We used to do a double weekend before. But it wont be as special as a night race. We are thinking about something special like pasta dinner that night for you racers and pit crews. Maybe we can get Luigi the cook to make the sauce. I have heard he make a mean pasta sauce!
Vinnie ...tired, you never look tired! Sleep Sleep Sleep

Jessica Luther
Racer

Back to top Go down

Night Racing at Dixon! Empty Night Racing

Post  Neil Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:33 pm

Dan, your right we did wimp a bit and scratched the HPV-3 Kart. Ryan just doesn’t have any fun when there are no other HPV-3 karts to race against. We’ll see. Question

Neil
Racer

http://hometown.aol.com/user1c158/myhomepage/autoracing.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Harrison Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:38 pm

I saw him yesterday at infineon! I tried too get him but ran away!!! He is still on the loose!!! affraid affraid affraid
Harrison
Harrison
Racer

Back to top Go down

Night Racing at Dixon! Empty Night Race

Post  mark Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:24 pm

I like the idea of a night race and the double header. I am a bit concerned about the kids and time between races. How about doing a double header but both in the day time and have the night race as a solo event on a seperate weekend. Please don't misunderstand Danny and I are down with either format. So let the fun begin. Either way it will be a great time as long as there is enough pasta

mark
Racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down