Kinsmen Kart Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is my KT100 racable?

2 posters

Go down

Is my KT100 racable? Empty Is my KT100 racable?

Post  Vern Frediani Jr. Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Hi fellow karters,
Just wondering, I have a KT100 with no visable identification marks on the cylinder. I'm guessing this is an old style cylinder. Is this motor still able to compete in club races? We will be running it in Sr. Super Sportsman as this will be our first year racing for my 17 year old? How are you to identify what kind of KT100 you have , Where are the markings located?
Signed,Wana Race Really Bad Can't Wait Vern

Vern Frediani Jr.
Racer

Back to top Go down

Is my KT100 racable? Empty Re: Is my KT100 racable?

Post  Dan Chase Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Vern, look between the bottom 2 fins on the clutch side, deep inside in the center there will be a casting that has "787" on it if it's a new style. The rules use to say that if you had an old style, you had to run a weight penalty, but I can't find it in the IKF rulebook anymore.

Matt and I are going out this Saturday to Dixon for testing, if you can make it, we would be happy to give you a hand. We're #53 in a red trailer.
Dan Chase
Dan Chase
Racer

http://www.MattChaseRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Is my KT100 racable? Empty kt100

Post  Vern Frediani Jr. Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Hey Dan, THanks for answering. Looks like i got an olddy. I can't find any markings anywhere on cylinder. On the cases are EE 862 and I.D. # 7u5-446949. As for saturday Jeremy and myself are going to Kinsmen for our virgin outing. We,ll look you up and thanks again.
Vern

Vern Frediani Jr.
Racer

Back to top Go down

Is my KT100 racable? Empty Re: Is my KT100 racable?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down